On July 01, 2022, the United States Department of Labor’s eFile and eServe system (EFS – efile.dol.gov) will release enhancements to the organization module and delegated access functionality in the system. These enhancements are in response to feedback from EFS users regarding the need to enable a law firm's legal staff to perform all functions related to electronic filing, accessing case files and served documents, on behalf of the attorneys.
These enhancements address the major concerns with the current delegation module and the delegated access feature in the system. It removes the need for attorneys to first request for access to their cases, and be approved before the legal staff can be given delegated access. Enables the legal staff to perform all eFiling functions such as submit access requests, file new cases and appeals, submit filings and receive eService, on any attorney's behalf and automatically become a delegated eFiler in the process. The enhancements also include a unified dashboard of all cases and appeals in the organization, from which the legal team can access the cases and appeals, and manage your staff's access, with capabilities to add and remove delegated access to members of the organization.
The Department of Labor will be hosting an informational webinar to demonstrate these enhancements to users of the system on June 23, 2022.
Thursday, June 23, 2022, 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. EST
- Enhancements to the Organization module
- Demonstration of how to setup an organization and members to reflect your office structure, including the legal staff and attorneys
- Enhancements to the Delegation module and delegated operations
- Demonstration of how the legal staff can perform these functions on behalf of the attorneys in the organization
- Obtain access to cases and appeals on behalf of the attorney(s) on record
- Submit filings to cases and appeals
- Access filings submitted by other parties
- Receive eService and access served documents
- Manage delegated access on cases and appeals within the organization
Webinar Link: https://usdolee.webex.com/usdolee/j.php?MTID=m8ce2ff48da7ad759ae32dcdaf2160fc3